The Great Yarn Challenge CHALLENGES Sponsored by the Craft Yarn Council
Enter the CHALLENGES to win prizes.
OFFICIAL RULES The Great Yarn Challenge CHALLENGES, sponsored by Craft Yarn Council (or “Sponsor”), begins on January 17, 2022 at 12:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on March 20, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. NO ENTRY FEE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THE GIVEAWAY IS LIMITED TO THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND CANADA ONLY. ENTRY IN THIS GIVEAWAY CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE TERMS OF THE GIVEAWAY.
1. THE CHALLENGES: Between January 17, 2022 and March 20, 2022, Sponsor will select and announce winners for the CHALLENGES and award prizes in accordance with these Rules at the end of the giveaway period, (i) participants can submit a photo of their TGYC project(s) to enter to win first place in the selected theme and/or grand prize for TGYC; (ii) participants can enter social media giveaways following the rules specified on each social media post; (iii)participants can submit a photo of their TGYC project(s) to enter random drawings in their selected category.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The CHALLENGES are open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and U.S. territories) and Canada who, as of the date of entry, are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Sponsor and its respective affiliates, advertising and other coordinating agencies, and the immediate family members and/or household members of any such persons or entities, are not eligible to participate in the CHALLENGES. The CHALLENGES are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Between January 17, 2022 and March 20, 2022, participants can enter the CHALLENGES by completing the following: (i) complete the submission form by submitting a photo (following the photo guidelines) of their TGYC project and/or submit a Stitch It Forward story; (ii) enter social media giveaways by following the rules specified on each social media post.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Sponsor staff will: (i) select one prize winner for each theme and one grand prize winner for TGYC at the conclusion of the challenge period (March 21-25, 2022); (ii) randomly select winners on social media who have completed the appropriate action and award randomly assorted prizes; (iii) randomly select winners who have submitted entries into TGYC and award randomly assorted prizes.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Prize winners will be notified by Sponsor either (i) via direct comment or message on Facebook, Instagram or other social media and asked to contact the Sponsor within one week of notification OR (ii) via the email address provided in the registration form. Except where prohibited by law, prize winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of notification and provide any additional information reasonably required by Sponsor. Sponsor shall not be liable for any prize notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a winner for any reason. If a selected prize winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the related prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected from the remaining eligible CHALLENGES entries.
6. PRIZES: Selected winners may receive: (i) Prizes, which may include gift packs of yarn, magazine subscriptions, tools, accessories, books, or a TGYC trophy totaling approximately U.S. $100 in retail value AND/OR (ii) TGYC grand prize, which may include gift packs of yarn, magazine subscriptions, tools, accessories, books, product vouchers and TGYC trophy totaling approximately U.S. $1,000 in retail value. Prizes will be shipped to winners after March 25, 2022. Prizes are not redeemable for cash and are not transferable, refundable or substitutable except by Sponsor, at Sponsor’s option, with one of equal or greater value. All federal, state, and local taxes are a winner’s sole responsibility. TOTAL approximate retail value of all prizes combined to be awarded: U.S. $8,500.
7. GENERAL RULES: The CHALLENGES are sponsored by the Craft Yarn Council, which is not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible or undeliverable entries or notices; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of an Entry; or (iii) network, computer, or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. By participating in the CHALLENGES, you agree to waive, release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor and its directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including its advertising and CHALLENGES agencies, together with other organizations related to the CHALLENGES, including, but not limited to, Facebook and Instagram AND Twitter (together, the “Released Parties”), from and against, any claims, loss, expenses or damages and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise in whole or in part from your participation in the CHALLENGES or any prize-‐related activity, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the CHALLENGES. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CHALLENGES, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Capitalized terms shall have the defined meaning assigned to them.
8. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Except where prohibited by law, if you are a prize winner you consent to the use of your name, photo, biographical information, stories and statements attributed to you for promotional purposes, including (without limitation) in Sponsor’s newsletters, social media pages, press releases and Sponsor’s homepage at www.thegreatyarnchallenge.com, without compensation. You agree to execute documents confirming such matters upon Sponsor’s reasonable request. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the CHALLENGES in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the Integrity of the CHALLENGES is compromised, without any liability. By participating in the CHALLENGES, you acknowledge that you have read these Rules, these Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and the Craft Yarn Council with respect to the CHALLENGES and you will abide by them and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the CHALLENGES. These Rules are governed by the law of the State of Texas, excluding rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, these CHALLENGES or these Rules must be brought in the state or federal courts located in Texas.
9. WINNER’S LIST: A winners list may be obtained by sending a stamped, self– addressed envelope marked TGYC CHALLENGES to Craft Yarn Council, 3740 N. Josey Lane, Suite 126, Carrollton, TX 75007.
10. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Challenges is Craft Yarn Council, 3740 N. Josey Lane, Suite 126, Carrollton, TX 75007.
11. DISCLAIMER: The CHALLENGES are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. By participating in the CHALLENGES, you acknowledge and agree that you are providing your Entry to Sponsor, and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.